The FrOGS (Friends of George Spencer) organize community events to raise money for projects at George Spencer Academy. The group was founded in 2007. Originally, it was quite a small group with BIG AMBITIONS and gave the school just under £2500 in the first year. Now, the group have donated over £43,000 for project large and small. Currently, we have 12 active members with children attending/attended George Spencer, the school representative Mr. Richard Turner, and ably supported by the school caretakers. All committee members are volunteers.
The group meet once a month. Over the year, we have run a number of events including Christmas Fayre, Fireworks Extravaganza (jointly with the fire-fighters fromStapleford), Back to School (for GSA 50th Anniversary), Pamper Night, Quiz Night, Wine Tasting, Strictly George Spencer and other events.
27th April: The BBB Barn Dance & BBQ has been cancelled.
You can also find details of all our upcoming events on our Facebook page.
- Shop online through Friends of George Spencer on easyfundraising.org.uk
- Attend FrOGS events
- Help FrOGS to plan/run events
- Donate prizes to FrOGS events
Our next meetings...
Monday 12th June
All meetings start at 6:00 pm in the staff room in the conference centre. Meetings are once a month in the meeting room in the conference centre.
Major school projects supported by FrOGS.
- Microphones/PA system
- Hall lights and curtains
- Stage blocks
- Garden equipment for allotment
- Animation Club
- Art dislay boards
- Help with library books, facilities and Comic Book Club
- Technology equipment
- A court year garden and benches
- Equipment for inclusive sports group
- Table tennis equipment and running vests
- 6th form Resources/Common Room
- Music equipment
- And lots, lots more....