National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership
The National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL) supports the professional development of aspiring and serving executive headteachers and multi-academy trust (MAT) chief executive officers (CEOs).
Why Do Your Leadership Qualifications Through Us?
- Well-established, school-based National Professional Qualifications Leadership Development provider
- Exceptionally high satisfaction, completion and pass rates
- Facilitators and key speakers are outstanding leaders from primary, secondary and special schools
- Range of excellent, diverse placement schools
- Personalised support throughout
- 3600 Leadership diagnostics top and tail each programme to allow tracking of progress across the course
- Opportunities for M credits towards the University of Nottingham's Masters in Educational Leadership and Management without extra charge or additional workload
- Easily accessible training venue
Who Can Apply?
You should be, or aspire to be, an executive headteacher or CEO of a MAT with responsibility for leading across several schools.
Study will last between 12 and 18 months. During this time you will:
- develop knowledge and skills across 6 content areas, which set out what an effective executive leader should know and be able to do
- have the opportunity to develop up to 7 important leadership behaviours, which set out how an effective leader should operate
- complete a final assessment that evaluates your capability against the knowledge and skills set out in the 6 content areas
What Makes The NPQEL With George Spencer Unique?
- the opportunity to convert the NPQEL into a Masters in Educational Research through the University of Nottingham
- leadership residential built into the course attended by educational and business experts to support and shape your continuous development
- a designated mentor / coach to facilitate your successful executive leadership development
- the opportunity to study international best practice
What Will We Study?
The 6 content areas across which you will develop your executive leadership knowledge and skills are:
- strategy and improvement
- teaching and curriculum excellence
- leading with impact
- working in partnership
- managing resources and risks
- increasing capability
The 7 leadership behaviours that you will have the opportunity to develop are:
- personal drive
How Will It Be Facilitated?
The structure of the NPQEL and teaching methods will include:
- on-the-job leadership training
- challenge and support – through a coach and/or mentor
- access to high-quality resources, drawing on up-to-date research and evidence
- professional development from and with credible peers
- opportunities for structured reflection
How Are We Assessed?
- design a sustainable business development strategy for your organisation, analysing the benefits, costs and risks of different options
- lead a project to improve progress and attainment in several schools
Through these 2 projects, you will need to demonstrate your competence through an assessment linked to the knowledge and skills set out in the 6 content areas.
- Application round opens: 29th April 2019
- Application closes: 12pm on Friday 24th May 2019
- Interview date: 4th and 5th June 2019
- Start date: 3rd and 4th July 2019
Programme dates for the diary
- 14th & 15th November 2019
- 6th & 7th February 2020
- 18th & 19th June 2020
- 17th & 18th September 2020
- 3rd December 2020
10 million pounds is available to support teachers and leaders working in opportunity areas and category 5 and category 6 areas to take the new NPQs.
This funding will cover full course costs, and all teachers and leaders in these areas are eligible for this funding (provided they have not already studied for the NPQ for which they are applying).
- Click here to download the application form
Please provide as much information as possible on the support and impact you have had, using additional space if required.
Submit your application to Lisa Wilshere via email@example.com by 12pm on 24th May 2019. You will receive a confirmation email back. Please ring if you do not receive this.
You will be notified of your application outcome/invite to interview on Thursday 30th May 2019.
Interviews will take place on 4th and 5th June 2019 – please keep this date in the diary.
Call us to discuss: 0115 9170100
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org