TEACHING AND LEARNING
Through the Developing Teaching Programme (DTP) and Outstanding Teaching Programme (OTP) delegates can spend time outside of their own setting developing skills which are necessary to be a great classroom practitioner. This could be to develop a certain area of their teaching as the programmes are developed to support a wide range of teaching activities. The OTP builds on the DTP by providing an additional coaching unit to enable participants to develop their skills as a coach.
INTRODUCTION TO SCHOOL-BASED RESEARCH: A DISCIPLINED ENQUIRY
Primary and Secondary Programme for 2019
- Builds your research literacy skills
- Grow confidence in running your own small-scale practitioner and enquiry project
- Develop a critical approach to evidence
- Become evidence-informed in approaches to classroom practice
The first session starts on Wednesday 13th February starting at 4pm and each of the 4 sessions lasts and hour.
- Click here to download a flyer for more information about the training.
- Please sign up at email@example.com
DEVELOPING ACADEMIC LITERACY IN STUDENTS
Secondary Programme for 2019
This programme aims to explore specific strategies which have been proven to raise proficiency in the use of academic language amongst learners and how to apply these strategies in order to raise attainment. This programme is specifically designed to help you support and further challenge students to extend academic vocabulary and communication skills, understand and interpret examination questions and explore and develop critical writing.
There will be 3 workshops to be held at George Spencer Academy each lasting 90 minutes.
- Workshop 1 - 21st January 2019 4:00 – 5:30pm
- Workshop 2 - 11th February 2019 4:00 – 5:30pm
- Workshop 3 - 26th March 2019 4:00 – 5:30pm
For further information or to book places email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing Teaching Programme
- provides developing teachers with in-depth coaching, tailored to a self-assessment of their teaching. It provides opportunities to deepen their understanding of high quality classroom practice and teaching and learning. Participants improve their teaching through facilitated practice, observation of colleagues and working with 'live' students.
- supports a wider range of teaching activities, including: planning lessons, starter activities, plenary sessions, questioning techniques, engaging in learning, challenging learning, assessment and differentiation strategies.
- forms part of the professional development provision or entitlement for staff development within the school's improvement plan.
- builds confidence of staff to become used to class observations and adopt a positive "can do" attitude.
Outstanding Teaching Programme
- provides in-depth coaching to deepen teachers' understanding of outstanding classroom practice. Participants improve through facilitated practice activities as structured opportunities to reflect on teaching approaches and their quality and impact.
- introduces and consolidates new knowledge and skills, and focus on what makes teaching and learning outstanding.
- requires learning 3s to prepare and present at an outstanding level to the whole delegate group for evaluation against DR ICE®
- forms part the school's professional development provision as this supports the implementation of agreed best practice and national agendas.
- provides strong input on the progression against the professional standards of excellence. This programme is crucial for teachers involved in developing Leadership in Teaching and Learning.