TEACHING AND LEARNING
Through the Developing Teaching Programme (DTP) and Outstanding Teaching Programme (OTP) delegates can spend time outside of their own setting developing skills which are necessary to be a great classroom practitioner. This could be to develop a certain area of their teaching as the programmes are developed to support a wide range of teaching activities. The OTP builds on the DTP by providing an additional coaching unit to enable participants to develop their skills as a coach.
INTRODUCTION TO SCHOOL-BASED RESEARCH: A DISCIPLINED ENQUIRY
Primary and Secondary Programme for 2019
- Builds your research literacy skills
- Grow confidence in running your own small-scale practitioner and enquiry project
- Develop a critical approach to evidence
- Become evidence-informed in approaches to classroom practice
The first session starts on Wednesday 13th February starting at 4pm and each of the 4 sessions lasts and hour.
- Click here to download a flyer for more information about the training.
- Please sign up at email@example.com
DEVELOPING ACADEMIC LITERACY IN STUDENTS
Secondary Programme for 2019
This programme aims to explore specific strategies which have been proven to raise proficiency in the use of academic language amongst learners and how to apply these strategies in order to raise attainment. This programme is specifically designed to help you support and further challenge students to extend academic vocabulary and communication skills, understand and interpret examination questions and explore and develop critical writing.
There will be 3 workshops to be held at George Spencer Academy each lasting 90 minutes.
- Workshop 1 - 21st January 2019 4:00 – 5:30pm
- Workshop 2 - 11th February 2019 4:00 – 5:30pm
- Workshop 3 - 26th March 2019 4:00 – 5:30pm
For further information or to book places email: firstname.lastname@example.org